- African lions are classed as vulnerable with about 20,000 left on the planet.
- They are affected by habitat loss and fragmentation, illegal wildlife trade, human wildlife conflict, extractives.
- By protecting the lion’s landscape, we’re helping the whole area to thrive, which doesn’t just benefit wildlife but the people who rely on local natural resources too.
- Three-quarters of African lion populations are in decline.
- They play a crucial role in keeping a healthy balance of numbers among other animals, especially herbivores like zebra and wildebeest – which, in turn, influences the condition of grasslands and forests.
To find out more or to adopt a lion through WWF please follow the link below