Disposable vs Reusable
- Cotton buds can take hundreds of years to decompose.
- They are made of light plastic that floats which means they pass through most sewerage systems and end up in oceans disrupting marine life.
- They can become very brittle in an ocean environment and if swallowed by animals can break up while inside the animal and become very dangerous.
- They break down into micro plastics and leave behind toxic chemicals on beaches, in our ocean and in the ground.
- Every day around 1.5 billion cotton buds are produced.
- There is a very simple reusable and washable solution that will save the environment and also money.
- Comes in different colours and is easily transportable.
- Cotton buds are one of the top 10 items found to be polluting our oceans. One small change can make a huge impact towards changing this.
- Buying a reusable option also decreases the packaging that cotton buds are bought in which is usually a clear plastic container.