- Dolphins are classed as least concern with around 600,000 of the species left on the planet.
- They are affected by climate change, fisheries and pollution.
- Dolphins can be found in most of the world’s seas but Scotland is actually home to the most Northerly pod of bottlenose dolphins in the world.
- Dolphins are social creatures and live in groups called ‘pods’.
- Without dolphins, the animals they prey on would increase in numbers, and their predators wouldn’t have as much to eat. This would disrupt the natural balance in the food chain and could negatively affect other wildlife and the health of the ocean environment.
To find out more or to adopt a dolphin through WWF please follow the link below