Film and Foil vs Wax
Film and Foil
- Over 700,000 miles of cling film is used in the UK each year.
- Cling film is not easily recycled and most ends up in the ground. Tin foil can only be recycled if it is completely clean.
- Cling film takes hundreds of years to break down and leaves behind harmful chemicals that can end up in water. Tin foil never biodegrades.
- Extremely short use time usually to cover food for transport.
- Wax wraps last for a full year and are washable and reusable.
- They are fully compostable after the year of use.
- Keep food just a fresh as film and foil and also come in different designs which are fun for kids! (And adults, of course!)