- Orangutans are categorised as critically endangered.
- There are only around 5500 of them left.
- They are affected by food and farming, habitat loss and fragmentation and illegal wildlife trade.
- One of the biggest threats to them is the everyday products that we buy.
- They are known as the gardeners of the forest as they spread seeds around forests that our environment depends on.
- They were once found on twelve islands. Today they can only be found in Sumatra and Borneo.
To find out more or to adopt a orangutan through WWF please follow the link below