Disposable vs Safety
- In the UK we throw away millions of razors each year and the EPA estimates that in the USA, 2 billion razors are thrown away annually.
- The average lifespan for a razor is around 2-3 weeks before they re sent on their way to a landfill (or ocean).
- It is estimated that the plastic in razors can live up to 1000 years in a landfill or ocean before breaking down to leave behind micro plastics.
- Unlike disposable razors, safety razors are designed to last a lifetime.
- They give a closer shave which actually lasts longer and means less shaving!
- After the initial investment in the razor, the blades actually work out a lot cheaper meaning it’s easier on your wallet too!
- Safety blades are made from stainless steel which is recyclable (check your local recycling rules as some areas require that they are put into a container for safety reasons!)