Plastic vs Reusable
- Can break down in soil leaving behind toxic chemicals or can end up in oceans having devastating effects on marine life.
- Can take approximately 1000 years to decompose.
- Whales can mistake them in an ocean for jellyfish thinking they are safe to eat. This can be fatal.
- Every time you bring a reusable bag to carry shopping, you are reducing the number of plastic bags that end up in landfills and oceans.
- Reusable bags can last a lifetime if they are looked after and they are less likely to break spilling your shopping everywhere!
- Since the 5p charge was introduced, there has been an 85% reduction of plastic bag use in the UK.