Bottled vs Bar
- Around 50% of plastic used in the UK is created for single use. Body wash is one of those single use plastics.
- The single use bottles take 450-1000 years to biodegrade
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is an area in the ocean that is twice the size of Texas which is made up of many of the single use plastics that end up in our oceans.
- The average body wash user goes through 12 bottles per year, the majority of these end up in a landfill.
- Sop bars can be bought with minimal packaging which means the very small amount of waste can be recycled.
- Soap bars are more concentrated than body wash, meaning they are friendlier on your wallet!
- Because we use less, it means their are less lorries needed to distribute them which also means less road pollution.
- Bottled soap is water based and needs a preservative added to stop the water growing mold. Bar soap does not need this preservative so that’s one less chemical on your skin!