- There are around 3900 tigers left on our planet. They are classed as an endangered species.
- Tigers are affected by illegal wildlife trade, human wildlife conflict, habitat loss and fragmentation.
- Wild tiger numbers have dropped by more than 95% since the beginning of the 20th century.
- Numbers of tigers are currently on the increase for the first time in conservation history.
- WWF are aiming to increase the numbers of wild tigers to over 6000 by 2022 which is the next Chinese year of the tiger.
To find out more or to adopt a tiger through WWF please follow the link below