Plastic vs Reusable
- Can break down in soil leaving behind toxic chemicals or can end up in oceans having devastating effects on marine life.
- Can take approximately 1000 years to decompose.
- Whales can mistake them in an ocean for jellyfish thinking they are safe to eat. This can be fatal.
- Extremely short use time for products such as pastries to eat on the go.
- Every time you bring a reusable bag to buy fruits, vegetables and other products such as pastries, you are reducing the number of plastic bags that end up in landfills and oceans.
- Reusable bags can last a lifetime if they are looked after well and are easily washable.Supermarkets now have to charge for carrier bags which has reduced their use but clear food bags are still free. This means that they are still a real threat to our environment.